Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lost City of the Elders + Mood Music

I looked (that is, listened) around a lot over the years to find music that would typify a party's seeing the LCotE and then entering its mysterious environs.

Matt Uelmen is the composer of eerie and inspired music for the early Diablo games, and the  selection below for D2 fits in with my conception of the eeriness of the city.

I use a very intricate template to ascertain what "phase" or "phases" the city is currently in, which I will be describing in a future book on the subject of models and formats.

The current phase for the Garycon VI LCotE adventures is darkness and terror.  Think of these in terms of overall impacts upon the environment, the mind, the visuals and the emotive levels and you will start getting the gist.

Link to music

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I'm very much inspired by and try and share the musical influences I enjoy for Urutsk and other settings. It is neat to hear others' choices -- it goes a long way with little effort on the setting creator's part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reread Maure's Castle after a decade. It was fun to run a party through it back in 2004 and it was enjoyable to reread it again a decade later.

    Any plans on continuing the dungeon levels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No current plans, no, for expanding Maure Castle, mainly due to the fact that WOTC owns the copyright and it would have to be done through them as is, or if apart from them, totally rewritten. I have received no indication from them of any interest in it and I have no time for the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know! I just wanted to pop in and say I love these adventures even a decade later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, thank you for the nods! I have things that for me remain timeless as well, so I am pleased MC was very positive in that respect for you. Happy gaming! RJK

    ReplyDelete